Welcome to the Fort Bragg Equal Employment Opportunity Web Page. Equal Employment is the law of the land. It is the right of all people to be protected from discriminations in employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin and age, mental or physical disability, genetic information or reprisal.
The primary goal of the EEO program is to manage workforce diversity and to maintain a discrimination-free workplace. This is high on the list of critical functions performed by federal managers and supervisors.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Office (EEO) at Fort Bragg ensures equal opportunity for civilians under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended. The primary purpose is to eliminate and prevent discrimination, to correct the effects of discrimination and achieve the goal of a representative workforce.
Maintaining a Discrimination-Free Workplace
Maintaining a discrimination-free workplace also requires supervisors and managers to perform a variety of tasks and functions. Included among them are:
- Clearly communicating a belief in and adherence to the principles of equal opportunity for all employees.
- Taking prompt action to prevent or halt discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information or reprisal..
- Making an overt effort to recruit a diverse workforce; that is, one which includes employees drawn from both sexed, as well as different racial, ethnic and age groups.
- Remaining aware of EEO responsibilities in the course of assigning and rating work, developing employees, and taking personnel action.
- Working closely with EEO and HR officials to resolve disputes promptly.
Managing diversity refers to an inter-related set of responsibilities and functions. Included among them are:
- Actively seeking to develop a diverse workforce; that is, one which includes a range of employees representing a variety of ethnic, racial, and age groups.
- Recognizing and valuing the differences that a diverse array of people bring to the accomplishment of organizational tasks.
- Promoting acceptance, cooperation, and positive attitudes towards all members of the workgroup among employees.