Welcome to the web page of the
Installation Passport Office
The Soldier Support Center
2d Floor, Room 248
Building 4-2843 Normandy
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Official Mailing Address
Military Personnel Division
Personnel Reassignments Branch
2175 Reilly Rd, Stop A
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Contact Information Numbers
Passport Office – (910) 910-432-8149
DSN – 239-8149
0900 - 1200 / 1300 - 1600 Monday - Friday (Closed for lunch 1200-1300)
Closed All Federal Holidays
SUBJECT: Items required to process the Dependents “NO-FEE” U.S. passport
1. Passport Application https://www.travel.state.gov and choose First Time Application or Renewal Application, then choose Apply Online. Applications MUST be typed online and printed with a barcode label on the UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER of the front page. Application must be printed single sided, not double sided. PRINT (Pages 5-6) ONLY! DO NOT SIGN APPLICATION PRIOR TO COMING TO THE PASSPORT OFFICE.
When typing the application online please pay close attention to what information is being requested.
· Enter dependent’s full name. If individual does not have a middle name, leave box blank.
· DO NOT enter Mr., Ms., and Mrs. on the suffix line.
· Social Security number must be that of applicant (NOT SPONSOR). Do not type dash between the SSN
· For occupation list Dependent and the relationship to sponsor, i.e. wife, son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter.
· For mailing address use: Passport Section, BLDG 4-2843 Normandy Dr, 2ndt FLR, Fort Bragg, NC 28310-5000
· For permanent address use your current address or home of record address.
· Please list all contact numbers, no dashes, cell phone first. List at least two numbers if possible.
· For travel plans enter your report date, duty station country and length of tour. For those on PCS to Alaska DO NOT enter Canada as the country you’ll be visiting, list as Alaska/Canada.
· For emergency contact please type in someone NOT traveling with the applicant, i.e. a grandparent, aunt or uncle.
· For parental information please enter all known information and be sure to enter mother’s Maiden last name. If a parent is deceased his/her known information must still be entered. If not sure of information, check the birth certificate.
· If dependent has been known by any other name - enter this information, this includes maiden names and previous marriage names as well as other legal name changes.
· When you reach the application review page check all information making sure it is correct. If there are any errors go to previous pages and correct errors, once you go past this page you will not be able to go back and change anything, you will have to redo the application from the beginning.
· On the Summary of Fees page click on Passport Book. Disregard all fees listed, these do not apply to you, click next and continue with application.
· On the Next page please scroll down and click in the acknowledgement box, then click on “create from”.
· PRINT PAGES 5-6 ONLY! DO NOT SIGN APPLICATION.
- Soldier’s Verification Letter must be obtained from the Levy Section. This form is only required if the service member has not received PCS orders but is on assignment and this form must be signed by authorizing official at Reassignments desk.
- Passport Photos are taken by the passport section when passport application is submitted. Please do not wear tank tops or spaghetti straps or shirts with offensive language or images. All applicants must be present, including minor children.
- Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following): Previously issued undamaged U.S. passport, Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, Naturalization Certificate, Certificate of Citizenship.
*A certified birth certificate, must show the full name of the parents, must have a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes. Note: Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as evidence of parental relationship for minors 17 and under, long form birth certificates must be submitted.
- Original Marriage license or divorce decree to show a name change.
- Military ID card for applicants over 16yrs.
- Social security cards for all children applying for passports.
- For children under 16 years old (both) biological or adoptive parents must be present to sign the DS-11. If one parent is absent, a copy of his/her government issued ID and a notarized DS-3053 (Statement of Consent by Non-Applying Parent) must be submitted by the applying parent. Form can be obtained at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80106.pdf
** FOR QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL INSTALLATION PASSPORT OFFICE AT 910-432-8149**
**Applications are accepted from 9am to 12pm & 1pm to 4pm, Monday-Friday. **