TRANSITION CENTER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. CAN I REPORT TO THE TRANSITION CENTER IN CIVILAIN CLOTHES?
NO. When you report to the Transition Services Office you must be in appropriate uniform, e.g., BDU’s, ACU’s, Class A, B’s or Cook Whites, regardless of your seperation or leave date. Only Soldiers who have a properly completed profile will be authorized to clear in PT or civilian clothing.
2. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO PICK-UP MY FINAL DD FORM 214?
Before you can pickup your final DD Form 214, you must have a pre-clearance stamp from the Out-processing Branch,Wing D, 2nd Floor of the Soldier Support Center.
3. WHERE DO I GET MY INSTALLATION MANAGEMENT AGENCY (IMA) STAMP?
You receive your IMA stamp when you pick-up your final DD Form 214, either on your separation date or the day prior to transition leave or permissive TDY.
4. WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS MY APPOINTMENT?
If you miss your appointment you can reschedule by reporting to the Transition Center.
5. WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T PROVIDE MY AWARDS AND TRAINING CERTIFICATES AT THE TIME OF MY BRIEFING, AND/OR MY ENLISTED RECORD BRIEF (ERB) IS NOT UPDATED?
Your TC counselor will not include the information on your DD Form 214. You will have to write to:
Director, National Personnel Records Center
ATTN: Chief, Army Reference Branch
9700 Page Boulevard
St Louis, MO 63132-5200
Commercial phone # 1-800-318-5298
RELEASE FROM ACTIVE DUTY
HRC, ATTN: AHRC-EPA-X
1600 Spearhead Div. Ave.
Fort Knox, KY 40122
888-276-9472 or 502-613-5977
6. WHAT HAPPENS TO MY MEDICAL AND DENTAL RECORDS?
All Medical and Dental Records are property of the United States Government. If you do not submit a VA Claim your records are forwarded to HRC, St. Louis. If you are enlisting in a Reserve unit or National Guard unit prior to separation, you will hand carry your medical records and dental records to your unit. It’s recommended that you make a copy for your own personal records before surrending your Medical and Dental Records.