Note: Only Final Clearing Stamps for PCSing Soldiers will be issued from 1300-1600 at Window 1 (1st floor, across from the ID Card Facility). Transitioning and retiring Soldiers should receive their Pre-Clearing Stamp on 16 June 2016.
Our mission is to provide quality customer service to Soldiers departing Fort Bragg who are preparing to PCS or Transition (ETS, Retire, or other separation) out of the Army.
||The Soldier Support Center|
2nd Floor, Wing D, Rm. 261
Building 4-2843 Normandy
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Personnel Services Branch
2175 Reilly Rd, Stop A
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Contact Information Numbers
Final and Pre-clear Stamps Only –
All Other Customer Services –
FAX – (910) 396-4396
Customer Office Hours
**Hours of operation until June 30th.**
0930 - 1045 PCS Out-Processing and Finance Briefing (doors open at 0830)
1100 - 1130 Separation Out-processing Briefing
1130 - 1230 Lunch Hour
1230 - 1600 Schedule appointments
Closed All Federal Holidays
Out-Processing (OP) Overview
*Note* All Pre and final clearance stamps will be provided at Widow 1 (1st Floor, across from the ID Card Facility)
This overview provides guidance and useful information to prepare
You with out-processing Ft. Bragg.
• Duty uniform is required to out-process Ft. Bragg. Exceptions
to wear civilian attire must have a memorandum signed by
their Company Commander.
• The linked “Out-processing Locations Overview” will give advanced knowledge of the locations and places Soldiers may need to clear. Soldiers will receive more guidance on which locations specifically apply to then during actual out-processing.
THERE ARE SIX (6) PRIMARY STEPS TO OUT-PROCESS FORT BRAGG INSTALLATION. SOLDIERS CAN’T GO ON TO THE NEXT STEP UNTIL THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THE PREVIOUS STEP.
STEP 1: YOU MUST HAVE ORDERS IN YOUR POSSESSION (CHAPTERS ARE THE EXCEPTION). READ THEM;
THEY HAVE LOTS OF GOOD INFORMATION ON WHAT YOU WILL NEED, AND PLACES YOU CAN CLEAR WITHOUT CLEARING PAPERS. “Activities and Places Not Requiring Clearing Papers”
STEP 2: IMMEDIATELY VISIT OUT-PROCESSING BETWEEN 1300-1600, TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO PICK-UP CLEARING PAPERS (SIGN-IN BEGINS AS EARLY AS 1230).
Copies of the following documents are required to schedule your appointment:
o Orders and any applicable amendments.
o DA Form 31, Leave Form (working/unsigned copy is acceptable at this step)
IMPORTANT NOTES: The end date on the DA Form, must be your report date unless you have “early report authorized” or “NLT” in your orders. You are given up to 10 days (If possible) for Soldiers PCSing or separating.
STEP 3: ON APPOINTMENT DATE, ATTEND BRIEFING (BASED ON TIMES BELOW) AND PICK-UP CLEARING PAPERS. ***YOU MUST HAVE A SIGNED/APPROVED LEAVE FORM ON THIS DATE IF YOU DIDN’T HAVE ONE DURING STEP 2 ABOVE.***
ALL OTHER Briefings start at 0930 (SIGN-IN begins as early as 0830)
Installation Clearing Record, DA Form 137-2, will be issued upon completion of your scheduled Out-Processing brief.
• The DA Form 137-2 is personalized (Each individual is required to clear only agencies in column 13 that are not already pre-cleared).
• DA Form 137-2 is valid for 30 days ONLY ***NOTE*** Report to Out-Processing Section immediately, if you cannot clear in allotted time.
STEP 4: CLEAR ALL SPECIFIED ACTIVITIES/AGENCIES/PLACES.
***REMINDER*** Installation Clearing Papers (DA Form 137-2) are valid for 30 days ONLY. Report to Out-Processing Section immediately, if you cannot clear in allotted time.
• During your out-processing you will receive several documents, signatures, and stamps that we must see, validate, and/or copy prior to issuing a final installation clearance stamp.
• Click on the hyper link “Required Documents” to see examples of forms/documents needed for the Final/Pre-clear stamp.
STEP 5: RETURN TO FINAL OUT (PCS) or PRE-CLEAR (TRANSITIONS) DATE, WITH ALL APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTS TO RECEIVE INSTALLATION CLEARANCE STAMP AT WINDOW 1 ACROSS FROM ID CARD SECTION BETWEEN 0900-1130 and 1300-1600hrs.
STEP 6: SIGN OUT WITH YOUR UNIT (PCS) or REPORT TO TRANSITION CENTER or RETIREMENT SERVICES TO GET YOUR DD FORM 214 IF TRANSITIONING FROM SERVICE.