Once you have completed the checklist and have a force protection load letter from your commander, email your checklist to Fire Prevention to request an inspection. Any failure will result in the non-issuance of the permit.
If there are more than one arms room in the building, coordinate with the other armors for a combined inspection. In conjunction with your Arms Room inspection we may also perform a facility fire inspection.
- Two serviceable fire extinguishers available in the Arms Room rating of 4A:60B:C See Photo Below
- Must be annually inspected by a certified extinguisher company
- Must be properly mounted, one at the back of the room and one at the front entrance
- Flammable and combustible liquids are not stored
- Dirty rags are kept in a self-closing metal container with a lid inside the Arms Room
- Extension cords are not used to supply power from the primary power source
- Electric space heaters are not used inside Arms Room
- Storage of combustible materials is kept to a minimum, neat and orderly
- Materials are not stored within 24 inches of the ceiling
- Materials are not stored within 18 inches of sprinkler heads, if installed
- Light fixtures are not exposed to easy breakage
- Covers are in place or fluorescent bulbs have protective sheaths
- Fire Symbol signs are posted on the exterior of the building and outside the Arms Room entrance, to reflect the highest ammunition or explosives hazard currently stored.
- Signs will be removed if no ammunition is currently stored at the facility